Visiting students enrolled in summer courses are not eligible for financial aid from UNC-Chapel Hill. Check with your home institution for potential assistance.

New or continuing students in good academic standing in a program leading to a degree from UNC-Chapel Hill may be eligible for financial aid during the summer. Contact the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid, CB# 2300, 111 Pettigrew Hall, (919) 962-8396, or online:

UNC Office of Scholarships & Student Aid – Summer Financial Aid

Eligibility for assistance is determined according to national standards that measure the amount you and your family should be able to pay for your Summer School costs. Loans are usually available. To receive a federal direct loan, students must be enrolled for at least 2.0 hours each term for which aid is requested.

NOTE: If you drop a class before the summer census date or withdraw from all classes and receive financial aid, a portion of that aid may be required to be cancelled. The amount of financial aid cancelled may result in you owing funds to the University. Please refer to the information included with your award notice email.